Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wednesday, September 12th...

Top 'o the morning to you! It's a brisk 53 degrees with clear skies and a WNW wind at 6 MPH, here on Ohio's North Coast. Looks like the high today will be a sultry 66 degrees with overnight lows headed toward 46. Friday night's low...all the way down to a chilly 43 degrees. Better keep the coffee hot!
Are you kidding me?! I'm going through the house now with 3 layers of clothes, Holy Cow!

After we got home last night and I had survived my culture shock, I ended up working and reading till about 1:00am this morning. I finished my Bible Study for Thursday Nights h2o gathering, and, I finished one of the most thought-provoking books I've ever read.


I've always been a fan of Dan Kimball. His first two books, 'Emerging Church' and 'Emerging Worship' have remained on my Top Shelf ever since I read them the first time back in '02-'03. They were both an easy read, but the material was fascinating. However, he has recently released a new book that is sure to garnish it's share of critics. The title alone, made me want to read it. So as soon as it was released, I had to have a copy. And man I'm glad I got it. "They Like Jesus But Not The Church...insights from emerging generations" is without a doubt, one of the MUST READS for anyone or any church that is truly committed to reaching today's emerging generation. The North American Mission Board (NAMB) released a study in December '06 that listed the 18 to 25 year old age group as the 2nd largest unreached people group in North America. That group is over 17 million strong. The insights are priceless. This book shows positive and encouraging examples of current churches that are reaching and connecting with emerging generations WITHOUT compromising the TRUTH. I am certain that this book will be a 're-read' for me, time and time again.

BTW...what are YOU reading right now? What is God using to stir your heart? I would love to know...you can share it with us by using the Comment Section at the bottom of this post.

Time to go...my cup's empty...and I need more coffee...


No comments: