Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday, September 7th...

It's a cool morning on the campus of Tiffin University. I'm sitting across the street at this neat little coffee shop called Java Rave! The coffee definitely gets a 'thumbs up' from me. And the owners, Jeff and Jenny, are super folks. When you're in the area, make sure to stop by...tell them that Jim sent you.

We've had a busy week. Tab is settling in at TU, getting somewhat of a routine. Denise is busy trying to keep Tab and me going in the right direction. I couldn't get anything accomplished without her...Denise does so much for me, it's unbelievable.

We were able to look at the house this past week that we've been waiting on. It really seems like it would be a perfect fit for our family. We're planning on meeting the owner of the house later this month to confirm it. We're praying that by then, that we will be financial OK to go ahead and lease it.

God has really blessed us this past week. When I posted our last update a couple of nights ago, God did some pretty serious stuff! Since I posted the praise and prayer needs of our ministry, you can go here to read the post, God blessed with one church confirming a monthly financial support of $100; 2 other churches will be voting in the next couple of weeks to do the same thing! PTL! I was blown away when I received an email, just minutes after I last posted, from a young family in the ministry, that they have a laptop computer they want to give us for our ministry! I should have it within the next couple of weeks! God is absolutely unbelievable! Our home church, Grace Baptist, gave us 3 reems of colored paper...so you can imagine what type of printing we'll be doing over the next few weeks. Thanks so much GBC!

I have been really seeking God's direction about the possibility of getting a couple of mission teams to come up here to Ohio next summer and work with us. And much to my surprise, I've been contacted by 2 different churches this past week about that exact same thing! Seems like God has already been working in hearts of these pastors...and has placed our collegiate ministry firmly in the forfront of their missions focus. It's so cool to see God at work like that.

We were blessed by getting a few copies of 'The Jesus Film' on DVD this past week for our evangelism push on campus. The neat thing about that, is, the DVD comes in 9 different languages! This will cover so much ground for us with the international students on campus.

Last night at h2o, we had 6 students and 4 adults for our 2nd week. 5 of those students were returning students from the 1st week! Possibly a 'core group' forming...? Pray for that!

That's about it for now, thanks for keeping us in your prayers. Please stay in touch. We would love to hear from you.

Serving Him in Ohio,

Jim, Denise & Tabitha

You can email me here.

You can email Denise here.

No comments: