Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Morning Cobwebs...

I don't know about you, but there are many a Monday that is hard for me to get the weekend cobwebs out of my head. It's that ol' body saying, 'Just one more day for the weekend!' But I'm sure this is nothing that a few pots of coffee can't cure! We've had a lazy, drery weekend. Our plans to attend TU's football game on Saturday night was washed away...I'm talking the bottom fell out a couple of times this weekend. Rain...rain...and even more rain was on the menu. So far this morning, it seems to be kinda damp still. I haven't checked the weather forecast for the day, but I DO know that the high today is only supposed to get around 74 degrees. That sounds so funny...me saying that the high is ONLY going to be 74. Down in the Delta of Arkansas, I'm used to saying 174 degrees! Just one of the many things to become accustomed to.

Even though we had rain, the weekend was still good. Saturday started off with our Men's Breakfast and Bible Study at GBC...I cooked the sausage! And the Bible study, just unusually good...'A Spirit-Filled Life' was the subject. Got a chance to watch a little college football on the tube on Saturday. Even watched some of the Ohio State game over at the Pastor's house. He was like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of quarters! On Friday, he had 'fired' the local cable company from his house and had 'hired' Direct TV. Seems as though Direct TV carries the Big Ten Network. 'Nuff said! And speaking of the Big 10...what's up with Michigan?

This week will be a busy one for us. Bible study prep for Thursday night...plus all of the PowerPoint stuff that goes along with it. Denise and I are leaving for Seneca Lake Retreat Center on Friday, we're setting up a booth for h2o at the SCBO's State Women's Retreat. She and I will return on Saturday afternoon. So we've got several things to do to get ready for that trip. We have to pick up some printing tomorrow that we've had done for this weekend, and for a couple of other booth opportunities we have upcoming. Prayerfully, my training at my new job will begin this week. I'm really looking forward to that! Something totally new for me...I'll share the details later! And I've got a LOT of little things that I have to do this week...I'll spare you the gory details!

Hope your Monday gets off to a great start...wait...what's that?...there's a familiar aroma in the air...ummmmm! Now that's what I'm talking about...you know it...that means....yep, I'm outta here...my coffee's ready!

No comments: