Friday, October 5, 2007

The Ending Of An Icon...The New Beginning...

All great things must eventually come to an end. October 1st, marked the official closing of a south Arkansas icon. Even though the doors had been locked weeks before and the aroma still somehow lingered in the air, Dad's Place is now a living memory. Yes, a part of me is sad...but the overwhelming majority of me is estatic because God was able to sell our business to a wonderful Christian couple who wants to continue the ministry that our family began in 2004. The new name...'The Coffee Bean'. If you are in the area, please do yourself a favor and stop in...tell them 'Dad sent ya!'

It has been a road unlike anyother that I have traveled. When God called us to move to the Northcoast of Ohio, we began seeking His guidance and understanding. We knew that He and only He could sell our business. And so to Jesus Christ, we give ALL glory and honor and praise for providing for our family and selling our beloved 'Dad's Place.' Thanks to each of you, many whom I've never met, for your countless hours of prayer and support for our family during this incredible journey!

Over the next few weeks and months, I plan on taking you down the many roads that we have traveled seeking God's perfect Will...desiring nothing but to please Him. Be sure to drop by often as this will be a journey you really don't want to miss.

I've started my new part-time job, and with the sale of our business, we're beginning to get back in somewhat of a routine. Something that I've missed drastically! I'm an extremely organized individual and coupled with my distinct adult ADHD, I've been a proverbial 'basket case'! This routine is such a welcomed relief!

As you can tell, there is such a sense of relief...a massive burden that has been lifted in our lives. A relief that can only come from the ONE who gives hope...from the ONE whose timing is always on time...from the ONE whose love is like no other...from the ONE who we will forever praise. His name is Jesus...the name above all other names...our Savior...our Provider...our King.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Well Dad,

I stopped by coffee bean today and while it was GREAT to get a caramel turtle fudge mudslide it just wasn't quite the same without you! We miss you in Monticello but I'm very glad to see that God is using you where you are at. You're in my thoughts and prayers.