Saturday, September 20, 2008

Special Days...

I love days like today! From the moment my feet hit the floor this morning till the time I go to bed when I finish this post, I have had a phenomenal day!

We slept in just a little bit this morning, not much, but later than we normally do. Then Tab and I got out to do a few quick errands. In the process, we detoured through the Tiffin Bake Shop. The pastries were good, but the young lady behind the counter who waited on us obviously needed a stiffer cup of coffee...

On the way home we had to take a much different route due to the Heritage Festival taking place in the middle of town. I'm talkin' thousands of people filled the downtown streets in our tiny community! When we got home, Denise had stacks of pancakes right off the grill! You go girl! After a little bit of time to do a little surfin' while the girls did a few things around the house, it was off to the festival we went...

Thank the Lord that most of the enormous crowd had left by the time we got up there. And to our surprise, we only found about a dozen food & concession vendors and a handful of craft vendors. Seriously, I'm not real sure why all the people had been there only hours before. I still had to put my stamp of approval on the food...yep, it passed the test! My selection, an Italian Sausage smothered in peppers and onions, bathed in cheddar cheese, topped with mushrooms and more peppers and onions. WOW, that was really good! For the life of me though, I just couldn't talk Denise into one of those! I know...she was looking for the chocolate wagon!

From there, like father like daughter, she and I had a huge craving for coffee (Like that's something new, I know!). So we ventured over to Ralph's, only to find they had REMOVED their espresso machine! BLASPHEMY I tell you, BLASPHEMY! We took a quick drive over by the campus, and to our surprise, Java Rave was still open. Tab wanted something cold, so she got, now get this, a Caramel Java Icer. That's really a wack name for a Caramel Frappaccino! For me, oh and it was almost really good, six shots (yes I said 6 shots) of espresso with just a hint of White Chocolate. As Tab and I inhaled our coffee, Denise just shook her head...she knew exactly what was about to happen! I was pretty much useless the rest of the day! LOL!

From there, we stopped by the video rental place for 3 movies, one for each of us, then we charted our way home. After a quick trip back out to grab pizza and cheesy bread, our family day concluded by watching all 3 of the movies, laughing and enjoying every second of each others company. Oh sure we've taken the time to do our share of texting friends and checking our email and facebook, (and Denise playing a few computer games while the scary movie was on...although she did end up watching most of it! LOL!) but the main focus was the main focus.

Need I really have to say, I love my family! And it's days like this that will forevermore hold a special place in my heart. I love you girls!

No comments: