Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Lazy Saturday...

After weeks upon weeks of no rain in our area, yesterday was such a welcomed day. The rain began earlier yesterday morning and has continued on through today. Our crops are in desperate need of water. It saddens me to see the time and effort put in by our farmers, just to have a front row seat to watch their crops wither away due to lack of water. That's one of the big differences I've noticed between crops in the south, and up here in the north. Here, farmers don't irrigate. The locals tell me that's usually not a problem, but this year has really been tough.
I've took advantage of the calm of the rain to spend some relaxing time around the house. Last night, Denise and I got out to get ice cream, but other than that, we spent the evening watching the Hurricane Ike show on Foxnews, surfing the internet (especially Facebook), and enjoying fresh coffee.

Today, wow am I lazy! I got up early to meet with my buddy Dan Duffy, he's helping me out by taking a display for me back to Columbus. After that, SUPER LAZY! I can't remember the last time I've crashed like this. And boy oh boy does it feel good! I've got a small to-do list I've got to get done today, but those shouldn't be a problem. I've got to wrap up my Bible Study for tomorrow morning at the Co-Ed Bible Study on campus, and I've got to put the finish touches on my message tomorrow night for The River Church. I'm hoping for lot's of 'laziness' today with my laptop, the coolness of the air, and lot's more coffee!

My prayers are out to all those affected by the massive hurricane. As I watch now, the reporters are telling me that it's headed right into Arkansas. Gotta call friends today to check on them.

I've added a couple of new things to my side bar. One, is the 'FOLLOW ME' section. If you are a regular reader, or just stopping by, I would like to invite you to click on the 'FOLLOW ME' section and sign up as one of my readers. Come one, come all...please sign up! This kinda gives me a better idea of the readers that I have.

I have also joined TWITTER. The button over on the side bar will let you keep up with me on a more regular basis. I'll be updating my TWITTER several times a day via text. You can sign up to be a regular follower over there, also.

Hope you have an incredible weekend...Mine will be much lazy! Mine will also be spent with my beautiful bride of 24 years...today! She's such a blessed lady! :)

No comments: