Monday, September 29, 2008

Rambling...

It's Monday night, actually Tuesday morning. A wonderful thunderstorm came through a few hours ago and blessed me with an incredible nap. I love naps...especially thunderstorm induced. I miss them. In Arkansas, they were the norm...in Ohio, they're the exception. I've almost been in Ohio a full year now, and as far as I remember, tonight was the first opportunity I've had to enjoy one. I really love naps...

Had a great weekend, was privileged to get to meet and hear Dr. Ken Hemphill on Saturday evening. Had to drive an hour and a half to get there, but it was worth it. Great time for Denise and me to be together on the road. She loves to drive...I love to ride...we make a great team.

Sunday was something! Killer Bible Study on Sunday Morning. Looked at truth. What truth is. WHO is truth. Truth has a name...you can find the answer in John 14:6.

Sunday night at The River Church was fun. Talked about imitators. The girls chose three of our guys that they wanted to imitate...the guys chose three girls. Hilarious! Up on stage in front of everybody...simply hilarious. We found it's easy to imitate one another...but it's not so easy to imitate Christ...takes work...takes focus...takes, well you know, commitment. Paul did it. I like Paul. He wanted the Ephesus church to do it...imitate...Christ. He wants us to do it...same thing...imitate Christ. Check it out...Ephesians 5:1.

Today was Monday. I'm getting where I don't like Mondays...maybe it's cause I'm super exhausted from the weekend. Maybe it's cause I know I would rather be working on reaching my students instead of working at a secular job. Maybe it's cause I just need a darker roasted coffee. Maybe...

By the time Friday rolls around, I'm finally (but I don't know how) caught up on my rest, then the vicious cycle starts all over again. OK! I'll admit it...I don't like Mondays. Do you like Mondays?

I need coffee...I need to go to bed...I need coffee...I really need to go to bed...but I need coffee...bed wins...Yay bed! Goodnight coffee pot...I'll see you in just a couple of hours...

No comments: