Saturday, July 25, 2009

ReEnergized....

I had really wondered why lately, I have been feeling really drained. You know, how you feel when every ounce of energy has been poured out of you? For some unknown reason, that's been me. I have been getting plenty of sleep...haven't missed any meals....and you know I haven't missed much coffee, LOL! Just drained lately. I've had plenty of time to study, and to work on getting ready for this Fall at H2O...loved having the opportunity to speak throughout our area on Sundays..yet, still drained.

Today, I found out why.

When God places a calling on your life, nothing else of any shape, form or fashion can fill that void. It's a 'have to', not just a 'need to', or 'want to'...but something that burns deep within you that can never be quenched.

I have that type of calling on me. I didn't ask for it, didn't pay for it, God chose me for this purpose. Many, many times guys in the ministry have callings placed on their lives, yet spend so much time and energy trying to figure out what it is. They're never satisfied...always looking for something 'else', something 'better'.

I know. For years I was one of those guys.

But today confirmed, again, exactly what my calling is. My purpose is to share the gospel and to impact as many lives possible with the Gospel to the Next Generation...our lovable college students. Gosh I love these kids!

Exactly three months ago, we had our last large group gathering on campus. Then we dismissed for the summer. Oh sure we've kept in touch via email, Facebook, texting and even Twitter. We've even begun having Online Streaming Bible Studies and Prayer Gatherings throughout the summer, which have been amazing...but it's not the same as coming together as a group...as a family.

This is Freshman Weekend on our campus. We've got nearly 200 students scattered throughout TU, getting a taste of dorm life and such. We've been blessed to be right in the thick of it all day. And I can tell you quickly, we've loved it. And missed it. This is what has been missing from my daily routine. Not having the daily encounters with my students has depleted me beyond words. And today proved that. I can feel myself literally being re-energized. My focus is clearer. My passion has returned. And that gnawing sensation within has been satisfied.

For now...

Freshmen move in, in 33 days...but whose counting!

No comments: