Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Indy Trip...Finally

Sleeping was difficult in Indy. The bed was uncomfortable, had hundreds of things running through my head and my ADHD was screaming. So when I finally got up, I was in desperate need of coffee...by the bucketfuls...I would've even considered an IV drip! LOL!

Ron Cooper and I drug our way to the restaurant that was in the hotel, and by this time, my whole world was screaming! I NEEDED COFFEE! I'm sitting there expecting a massive cup to make it's way to me, but instead, this was brought out to me:


This was nothing more than a thimble to me! LOL! Yep, I asked for a bigger cup! Here's what I got!
And TWENTY MINUTES LATER, they put coffee in it!


Back up in the room, to finish getting ready for our first session, I took a peek outside...look what we got over-night!
I usually love conferences. Although I have to be very selective which ones I attend due to scheduleing, costs, travel, etc. So when I go, I'm looking forward to a great time, meeting & networking with new friends, and getting some quality 'refresh & reload'. But when the rooms aren't big enough to hold all the attendees for a particular session, it kinda defeats the purpose. This pic is a classic shot of breakout sessions that went on all throughout the conference. Only a few of the sessions had ample room.

Time for another coffee break...this time, I had to drink from an expensive thimble!

As I set in the restaurant, tryin' to chill for a while, I was blessed to have a 'in the back corner' table (by my request) so I could enjoy the snow falling outside, and use that time for a brief moment in the Word.

This trip home will always be rememberable. Here I am, riding in a 15 passenger van with 6 other preacher-guys, trying to make our way from Indianapolis back up to Tiffin. We were only a few miles out of Indy on I-70 when we were detoured up through the wonderful state of Indiana. None of us had traveled that section of road before. The wind chill was below -0, and the snow was coming down. Here we were, cruisin' down the highway, when BOOM! Take my word for it...a blowout in that kind of weather is not a pretty picture! Triple A was a 2 hour wait, and we were literally in the middle of nowhere Indiana. But God sent an angel. He was in the form of an Indiana State Police Officer. He helped our guys take care of business, and we were back on the road again!

After all the excitement on the road, we were looking for a place for food! Such a shame that the only place to eat in rural Indiana was a Bob Evans! The food left something to be desired, but the company was killer! See that bald guy, in the red hoodie with that smirky smile on his face...that dude's quickly becoming one of my closest friends! Say hello to Dan Duffy, my Associational Missionary for the Northcoast Baptist Association. Thank God he's not a normal A.M.!
For the last photo from the trip, I have to include this one. I'm sitting in Bob Evans, and beside our table was the rail wall. It looked as if they hadn't dusted in weeks! You know me, I had to leave my mark...if you look closely, you can see my name written in the dust! LOL!

We made it home in time to get me to H2O. Overall, the trip was great...conference was really good...and the memories will last a lifetime!






No comments: