Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Blizzard of January 2009...

We really thought it might miss us. We were wrong! At 10:00pm last night, I got out and cleared off our driveway of the 3" of snow that had fallen since 6:00 that evening. I had everything cleared out, both vehicles were cleared and ready to go for this morning.

Little did we know untill 7:30am this morning that an additional 11" of snow had fallen overnight! Add the wind factor, and we had 4' - 5' drifts all around our house and beside all vehicles. We literally couldn't get out of our driveway. Then...we added another 2" - 3" during the day.

Luckily, Tabitha didn't have anything going on, on the campus, so she was safe and warm inside the house...I called in at work, since getting out of the driveway wasn't happening.

It took over 3 hours just to shovel off this ridiculously long driveway! Then to work around one of the vehicles. I think I uncovered the North Pole while I was shoveling...that had to be Reindeer tracks I saw....

Enjoy the pictures...









Sandy absolutely loves the snow! She loves to hop around in the drifts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you were home from work... you should have been training that dog to pull a sled... redeem the time my friend, redeem the time!