Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Morning Coming Down....

It's a quiet morning, here at the Whaley house. I've been up for quite a while now, both the girls are still sleeping. Even Sandy is still curled up on her blanket! I've taken this time to catch up on reading blogs, the news...do some net surfin'...and just 'enjoy the moment'. I got to talk to my best buddy Shane, down in the Promise Land of Arkansas this morning on Facebook chat, prior to his morning worship service. He's vision casting this morning for 2009...I've been prayin' for him.

Found a great new interactive site for church leaders...missional thinkers...church planters...collegiate pastors...etc, that you really should check out. It called The Urban Loft. By all means, drop by...and join up if you're interested.

Started reading a new book last night that I got for Christmas. The title is "Pop Goes The Church" by Tim Stevens. I literally couldn't put it down! It's a fresh new look at how today's church is/isn't using today's pop culture in growing the Kingdom. I would strongly recommend it! But be careful...it's brash...in-your-face...and possibly controversial. But highly powerful! Definitely will be on my Top Shelf!

As I sit here, the wind outside is howling like mad! We're back to our 40+mph wind zone! Yesterday was a record setting day for high temperatures. We were in the 70's yesterday...and today, will only get to the high 40's. Sounds like another cold could make it's way around thanks to the drastic changes in the weather.

Today, hopefully, will be a cruise day for me. After working till 1pm yesterday at the pharmacy, the girls and I spent the rest of the day in full-blown cleaning mode (more about that later!). We did get to watch a couple of really good Christmas-themed movies last night, I think on the Hallmark channel. But today...yep, it's gonna be quiet! I'm planning on doing a few 'smaller' things on my H2O to-do list before next semester begins. It's amazing how little things can always grow into big things! LOL!

Hope you have a great Sunday as well...time for me to crank up itunes...think I'll head for the coffee pot first...

No comments: